Many municipalities within the Portland Metro area require tree permits for tree care, tree removal, and urban tree planning. As a homeowner, it is important that you check with your local jurisdiction to determine if the tree care you request requires tree permits prior to commencing the work. Such permitting can be based on the location of the tree, the neighborhood, if a Homeowner Association (HOA) exisits and if your property falls within other environmental zones. Always confirm the requirements for your home. This resource page is meant to assist homeowners with locating the appropriate websites to obtain the needed information and phone numbers for contact.

City of Beaverton – Public Works

 City of Lake Oswego – Planning

City of Happy Valley – Code Enforcement

City of Milwaukie – Planning

City of Oregon City – Planning

City of Portland – Parks & Recreation (Urban Forest)

 City of Sherwood – Planning

City of Tigard

City of West Linn